February 27, 2011

and now, I am the one riding in the backseat


We listen to crappy music. Everyone sings along to them and it's surprisingly fun. The car never stops if anyone wants a cigarette. I get to watch the empty backdrop on the other side of the window instead of having to help tell the driver that the light is red. I get to make fun of the army of clouds being pushed away by the notorious wind.

Last night, I watched you sleep. You were having those nightmares again. Oh darling, if I had the power to chase them away, I would. I reached for your hair, and for the first time, I touched you and blood drained out of my fingers. Then you stopped muttering. That put a smile on me; a confused smile of satisfaction and disgust. I love you, I whispered.

She is driving tonight. I'm cool with it. Since it is not her time to die, yet. Let her, let her.

Love,
gadistlena

No comments:

Post a Comment